Even a chimp can write code

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Mobile phones 'alter human DNA'

[via The Register] In a four-year study, German researchers exposed human tissue to low-power microwaves, which are emitted by mobile phones, and found that the radiation caused damage to the DNA within the cells, which were kept in a suspension. They also discovered that this effect is increased in areas with a poor signal because the phone uses higher-powered radiation to maintain a connection.

Note to self: That cellphone holster clip may have seemed cool and John Wayne-esque at first, but it may be time to get rid of it.

Email this | Bookmark this

1 Comments:

  • Lover--I told you so! You probably should take my advice about the microwave too, especially since I was right about Bextra. I don't care that microwave radiation is non-ionic.

    Ashley Marie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 26, 2004 at 6:01 AM  

Post a Comment | Home | Inference: my personal blog