Testers: Are they Vegetable or Mineral?
Here's a checklist of undesirable behavior exhibited by testers, as compiled by Mr. Ed [www.hacknot.info]:
- Abbreviating Instructions for Reproducing the Bug
- Not Identifying the Erroneous Behavior
- Not Identifying the Expected Behavior
- Not Justifying the Expected Behavior
- Re-opening Old Bug Reports for New Bugs with Similar Symptoms
- Testing an Old Version of the Software
- Inventing Requirements Based Upon Personal Preference
- Omitting Screen Shots
- Using Vague or Ambiguous Wording
- Diagnosing Instead of Reporting
- Exaggerating the Priority of a Bug
- Justifying Partial Coverage with Appeals to Bad Assumptions
Testers of the world, mend your ways and we just might get along.