Even a chimp can write code

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sudoku

I just posted an entry on the WPF community site for a sample that uses .NET Framework 3.0 technology to create a peer-to-peer version of Sudoku, the popular number logic game. This was originally posted by Shy Cohen on the WCF community site. Thanks, Shy.

Sudoku application in the browser, created using .NET Framework 3.0

It uses Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) for its stunning graphics, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) to enable P2P support and Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) powers the game generation logic. The package contains source code for both the standalone and browser-hosted (XBAP) flavors.


Tags: , , , , ,

Email this | Bookmark this

4 Comments:

  • I was under the assumption that WCF was not available in the XBAP scenario? I'm trolling the winsdk site for WCF but I can't find a good source for what exactly can be done in the xbap sandbox? Any suggestions to where I can find this info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for all of your contributions to this space!
    cj@radeis.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 5, 2006 at 7:05 PM  

  • You cannot use WCF with a regular XBAP. In this example, for demo purposes, the XBAP is full-trust. We are looking to adding WCF support in XBAPs in the next version. For information on what works within the sandbox, see this post.

    More information on WCF can be found on the WCF section of the .NET Framework 3.0 community site (http://wcf.netfx3.com).

    By Blogger Ashish Shetty, at August 7, 2006 at 3:00 PM  

  • Hi - I've tried opening this solution (stand-alone) in VS 2005, under both Vista and Win03 x64, and get "The project file '...\Sudoku.csproj' cannot be opened.".

    I have all the July CTP bits installed, and can happily develop and build WCF apps - am I missing something for WPF development?

    TIA, Duckboy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 29, 2006 at 4:48 PM  

  • Aha! Turns out I was running July CTP bits, which don't include "Orcas" add-ins for VS 2005. After uninstalling July SDK, Fx runtime & other junk and installing June CTP bits instead, the solution opens now. Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else out there is as stupid as me!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 30, 2006 at 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment | Home | Inference: my personal blog